Guaranteed Professional Program Admissions
The College of Education's Guaranteed Professional Program Admissions (GPPA) offers BA Urban Education - Elementary Education students the opportunity to strengthen their career paths with advanced study.
The following Master of Education programs offer guaranteed admission for BA Urban Education - Elementary Education students who meet specific qualifications:
- Membership in the UIC Honors College is strongly recommended, but not required. The Honors College Program offers GPPA students intellectual challenges that will help, them prepare for the rigors of graduate studies through focused individualized work on independent projects.
- Students must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (A=4.0) each semester.
- Students must maintain a full-time course load each semester (minimum of 12 semester hours of graded credits each semester).
- Students must attend ONE meeting per semester with GPPA program faculty.
- Students must have in interest in working in an urban setting.