How to Apply
M.Ed. Educational Studies Application Deadlines Heading link
|Semester you want to enroll||Application deadline|
|Fall (August start)||May 15|
|Spring (January start)||November 1|
|Summer (May start)||March 15|
Application Process Heading link
- New applicants must first complete the UIC Graduate Admissions application.
- Current UIC graduate students who want to change or add programs or degrees should complete the Request for Change of Graduate Program instead of the application. Please read the instructions if you are not sure which one to fill out, or contact email@example.com with questions.
- The following documents should be uploaded online once you receive email instructions to do so, after completing the UIC Graduate Admissions application:
- Upload undergraduate transcripts for your last 60 hours of the undergraduate degree and all graduate transcripts.
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores for international applicants only
- Three letters of recommendation: These letters should address the applicant’s academic qualifications, research ability/experience, and ability to carry on advanced degree studies. Letters may be from current or former professors or supervisors. At least one letter should be from someone who can address your experience working with children.
- A 3-to-4 page statement of professional goals and reasons for seeking admission to this concentration. Some things to consider mentioning when writing your statement are your reasons for applying, experiences that sparked your interest, goals for the program and experiences you hope to take away from the program, how your program will relate to your career goals and what are your experiences with, and beliefs about working with children/youth in urban environments.