Fall Deadline: May 15 (priority deadline is March 15)
Spring Deadline: October 1
Summer Deadline: March 15
NOTE: You can start taking courses before enrolling in the program and transfer in up to 12 hours. If interested in this pathway, please reach out to the program coordinators (Kristine Schutz at email@example.com or Nathan Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- New applicants must first complete the UIC Graduate School application.
- Submit your application fee when completing the application.
- Current UIC graduate students who want to change or add programs or degrees should complete the Request for Change of Graduate Program instead of the UIC Graduate School application. Please read the instructions if you are not sure which one to fill out, or contact email@example.com with questions.
- After you have completed the UIC Graduate School application or change of program form, you must also complete the College of Education application.
- The following documents should be uploaded online upon receiving email instructions after completing the UIC Graduate School application.
- Upload undergraduate transcripts for your last 60 hours of the undergraduate degree and all graduate transcripts.
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores for international applicants only
- Two letters required addressing the applicant’s academic qualifications, teaching experience, research ability, and ability to carry on advanced degree studies. At least one of these letters must be written by a former professor or supervisor familiar with the applicant’s academic work in an undergraduate or graduate setting.
- A personal statement, between 500 and 1,000 words, addressing your relevant background, educational goals, professional goals and interests.
- For the Reading Teacher and Reading Specialist Endorsements, an Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) is required. In addition, the Reading Specialist requires a minimum of two years of teaching experience.