How to Apply
You can start taking courses before enrolling in the program and transfer in up to 12 hours. If interested in this pathway, please reach out to the program coordinators (Kristine Schutz at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nathan Phillips at email@example.com) for more information.
M.Ed. Language, Literacies & Learning Application Deadlines
|Semester you want to enroll||Application deadline|
|Fall (August start)||March 15|
|Spring (January start)||October 1|
|Summer (May start)||January 15|
- New applicants must first complete the UIC Graduate Admissions application.
- Current UIC graduate students who want to change or add programs or degrees should complete the Request for Change of Graduate Program instead of the UIC Graduate School application. Please read the instructions if you are not sure which one to fill out, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- The following documents should be uploaded online upon receiving email instructions after completing the UIC Graduate Admissions application.
- Upload undergraduate transcripts for your last 60 hours of the undergraduate degree and all graduate transcripts.
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores for international applicants only
- Two letters required addressing the applicant’s academic qualifications, teaching experience, research ability, and ability to carry on advanced degree studies. At least one of these letters must be written by a former professor or supervisor familiar with the applicant’s academic work in an undergraduate or graduate setting.
- A personal statement, between 500 and 1,000 words, addressing your relevant background, educational goals, professional goals and interests.
- For the Reading Teacher and Reading Specialist Endorsements, an Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) is required. In addition, the Reading Specialist requires a minimum of two years of teaching experience.