Engage in humanizing language and literacies research that transforms practice.
Are you interested in bringing together educational research and practice to work with local communities and make a positive impact?
Do you want to build your skills in recognizing assets and knowledge in multilingual and multicultural communities in urban contexts?
Are you interested in youths’ learning, making, and digital literacies inside and outside of school?
Do you want to impact and improve teacher education in humanizing and critical ways?
About the LLC PhD program
The Literacy, Language, and Culture (LLC) PhD program within the Curriculum and Instruction department cultivates humanizing and impactful research practices by:
- Engaging with critical theories and research designs
- Thinking about literacies from a global perspective
- Creating a supportive academic environment through cohorts, mentoring, and professional socialization
- Providing opportunities for post-secondary teaching and research
- Promoting justice-driven innovation and community engagement
Our graduates engage in educational research, serve as instructional leaders, and are leaders in both school and out-of-school settings.