How to Apply
How to Apply Heading link
- Applications are due May 15th, 2023
- New applicants to UIC must complete the UIC Graduate Admissions application.
- Current UIC graduate students who want to change or add programs or degrees should complete the Request for Change of Graduate Program instead of the UIC Graduate School application. Please read the instructions if you are not sure which one to fill out, or contact email@example.com with questions.
- The following documents should be uploaded online upon receiving email instructions after completing the UIC Graduate Admissions application:
- Undergraduate transcripts for your last 60 hours of the undergraduate degree and all graduate transcripts
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores for international applicants only
- Three letters of recommendation. These letters should address the applicant’s academic qualifications, research ability/experience and ability to carry on advanced degree studies. Letters may be from current or former professors or supervisors. At least one letter should be from someone who can address your experience working with children. Please ask your recommenders to use letterhead if it is available and if they are uploading an electronic version of the letter of recommendation.
- Personal Statement: In approximately 2 to 3 double-spaced pages, please address the following. We suggest you look at the College of Education mission and vision statements to gain background about our programs.
- Tell us why you want to teach and specifically teach students with disabilities. What about it is of interest?
- What experiences have you had working with kids and/or adults, especially those with disabilities? What have you learned? What questions or dilemmas did you have?
- What about teaching in urban areas is compelling and of interest?