Fall Deadline: March 15
Spring Deadline: October 1
- Applicants who are not currently registered graduate students at UIC must complete the UIC Graduate School application. Submit your application fee when completing the application.If you are a current graduate student at UIC and want to switch programs or degrees sought, add a second program or change to another program after earning a graduate degree (eg., master to doctoral program) you should complete the Request for Change of Graduate Program instead of the application. Please read the Instructions for the Change of Graduate Program form if you are not sure which one to fill out.
- Complete the online College of Education application.
- The following documents should be uploaded online upon receiving email instructions after completing the UIC Graduate School application.-Upload undergraduate transcripts for your last 60 hours of the undergraduate degree and all graduate transcripts.-TOEFL or IELTS test scores for international applicants only
-Three letters of recommendation. These letters should address the applicant’s academic qualifications, research ability/experience and ability to carry on advanced degree studies. Letters may be from current or former professors or supervisors. At least one letter should be from someone who can address your experience working with children.
-Personal statement. This statement should discuss your professional goals and overall goals for the program.
- Submit your GRE test score. Please send a copy of your scores directly to the College of Education.
- Faculty interview. You will be contacted by the program for an interview with a faculty member.