How to Apply
M.Ed. MESA Application Deadlines
|Semester you want to enroll||Application deadline|
|Fall (August start)||March 15|
|Spring (January start)||October 1|
- Applicants who are not currently registered graduate students at UIC must complete the UIC Graduate Admissions application.
- Current UIC graduate students who want to change or add programs or degrees should complete the Request for Change of Graduate Program instead of the UIC Graduate School application. Please read the instructions if you are not sure which one to fill out, or contact email@example.com with questions.
- The following documents should be uploaded online upon receiving email instructions after completing the UIC Graduate Admissions application:
- Undergraduate transcripts for your last 60 hours of the undergraduate degree and all graduate transcripts.
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores for international applicants only
- Three letters of recommendation. These letters should address the applicant’s academic qualifications, research ability/experience and ability to carry on advanced degree studies. Letters may be from current or former professors or supervisors. At least one letter should be from someone who can address your experience working with children.
- Personal statement. This statement should discuss your professional goals and overall goals for the program.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our program is temporarily waiving the GRE requirement for the 2021 admission cycle.
- Faculty interview. You will be contacted by the program for an interview with a faculty member.