Spring Deadline: July 15
The College of Education application, in addition to UIC Graduate application materials, is required for all applicants.
- New applicants to UIC must complete the UIC Graduate Admissions application.
- Submit your application fee when completing the application.
- Current UIC graduate students who want to change or add programs or degrees should complete the Request for Change of Graduate Program instead of the application. Please read the instructions if you are not sure which one to fill out, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- The following documents should be uploaded online upon receiving email instructions after completing the UIC Graduate Admissions application:
- Upload undergraduate transcripts for your last 60 hours of the undergraduate degree and all graduate transcripts.
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores for international applicants only
- Three letters of recommendation. Taken as a whole, these letters should address the applicant’s instructional performance, capacities to work effectively with adults, demonstrated abilities to learn and adapt in challenging situations, and intellectual strengths. You are encouraged to submit one letter from a current supervisor and the others from current or former supervisors, colleagues, or professors.
- Goal Statement: Please address the following two topics within your goal statement:
- The EdD program in Urban Education Leadership is interested in candidates who have demonstrated their performance as classroom instructors and leaders in educational settings and who are strong and adaptable learners. In 500 words, explain your goals in becoming a principal, why you think this program is a good match for you, and your qualities as a learner that will contribute to your success in the program and as a principal.
- In an additional 300 words, please write an analytical explanation of why urban schools perform at comparatively low levels of student achievement and discuss the leadership strategies you believe are necessary to improve urban school performance. Submit with the goal statement cover sheet.
- Resume, including teacher leader roles with time frame
- Submit GRE or GMAT test score to UIC.