|Semester you want to enroll||Application Deadline|
|Spring (January start)||November 1|
|Fall (August start)||May 15|
Preparing your application
- New applicants must first complete the UIC Graduate School application.
- Submit your application fee when completing the application.
- Current UIC graduate students who want to change or add programs or degrees sought should complete the Request for Change of Graduate Program instead of the UIC Graduate School application. Please read the Instructions for the Change of Graduate Program form if you are not sure which one to fill out.
- Complete the online College of Education application.
- The following documents should be uploaded online once you receive email instructions to do so, after completing the UIC Graduate School application:
- Official undergraduate transcripts for your last 60 hours of the undergraduate degree and all graduate transcripts
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores for international applicants only
- Two letters of recommendation: These letters should address the applicant’s academic qualifications, research ability/experience, and ability to carry on advanced degree studies..
- Personal statement: This statement should discuss your professional goals and overall goals for the program. Some things to consider mentioning when writing your statement are your reasons for applying, experiences that sparked your interest, goals for the program and experiences you hope to take away from the program, and how your program will relate to your career goals.