How to Apply
M.Ed. Urban Higher Education Application Deadlines
|Semester you want to enroll||Application Deadline|
|Spring (January start)||November 1|
|Fall (August start)||May 15|
- New applicants must first complete the UIC Graduate Admissions application.
- Current UIC graduate students who want to change or add programs or degrees should complete the Request for Change of Graduate Program instead of the UIC Graduate Admissions application. Please read the instructions if you are not sure which one to fill out, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- The following documents should be uploaded online once you receive email instructions to do so, after completing the UIC Graduate Admissions application:
- Official undergraduate transcripts for your last 60 hours of the undergraduate degree and all graduate transcripts
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores for international applicants only
- Two letters of recommendation: These letters should address the applicant’s academic qualifications, research ability/experience, and ability to carry on advanced degree studies..
- Personal statement: This statement should discuss your professional goals and overall goals for the program. Some things to consider mentioning when writing your statement are your reasons for applying, experiences that sparked your interest, goals for the program and experiences you hope to take away from the program, and how your program will relate to your career goals.