How to Apply
The Youth Development program uses a cohort model (students start the program once a year at the same time), and therefore only accepts applications to begin in the fall semester.
M.Ed. Youth Development Application Deadline Heading link
|Semester you enroll||Application deadline|
|Fall (August start)||March 15|
Application Process Heading link
- New applicants must first complete the UIC Graduate Admissions application.
- Current UIC graduate students who want to change or add programs or degrees should complete the Request for Change of Graduate Program instead of the UIC Graduate Admissions application. Please read the instructions if you are not sure which one to fill out, or contact email@example.com with questions.
- The following documents should be uploaded online upon receiving email instructions after completing the UIC Graduate Admissions application:
- Undergraduate transcripts for your last 60 hours of the undergraduate degree and all graduate transcripts
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores for international applicants only
- Three letters of recommendation. These letters should address the applicant’s academic qualifications, research ability/experience and ability to carry on advanced degree studies. Letters may be from current or former professors or supervisors. At least one letter should be from someone who can address your experience working with children.
- Personal statement. This statement should discuss your professional goals and overall goals for the program. Some things to consider mentioning when writing your statement are your reasons for applying, experiences that sparked your interest, goals for the program and experiences you hope to take away from the program, how your program will relate to your career goals, and what are your experiences with and beliefs about working with children/youth in urban environments. Students applying for the thesis strand should emphasize their research goals and identify a potential thesis advisor(s) from among the Educational Psychology faculty.
Questions about your application? Contact: Heading link
Master's Programs Advisor