Doctoral Student Writing Group Meeting
February 12, 2020
4:30 PM - 6:00 PM
1040 W. Harrison St., Chicago, IL 60607
CalendarDownload iCal File
The College is facilitating monthly get togethers to support doctoral student writing, so please join us for our inaugural meeting on February 12, 4:30-6pm.
If you’re interested, please sign up here, even if you can’t make the first meeting. Going forward, we’ll try to choose an alternative day of the week for our March gathering to accommodate schedules.
A draft of the first meeting agenda is below, but you can also drop some notes/ideas when you sign up. You can be at any stage of your doctoral program – you just need to be working toward specific writing goals (even if that’s preparing to write, such as preparing for your exams).
First Meeting Agenda:
- Come to the meeting prepared with semester-long and monthly-writing goals and professional development goals (goals related to the professional knowledge about writing a dissertation you might not yet have, such as how to format your dissertation, how to use a citation manager, how to use qualitative data analysis software, etc)
- Meet other students and develop accountability and writing groups
- Make plans to submit 5-10 pages of writing for feedback from your accountability group each month
- Develop a writing schedule that includes protecting your time (even if it’s just an hour or two a week – schedule it & protect it)
- Celebrate successes, big and small
- Schedule our next meeting
Jan 24, 2020
Jan 24, 2020