Welcome to the UIC College of Education!
We are excited you have chosen the UIC College of Education to pursue your degree! Feel free to reach out to us as we support you in the pre-enrollment process. Connect with our College of Education Recruitment and Retention team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can connect you to campus resources to help you to prepare for your life at UIC.
Use the steps below to get started.
Get Started: Register for Orientation & Classes Heading link
Undergraduate Student Checklist
Complete the steps below to launch your educational journey with the College of Education. These steps must be completed in the order listed. Check your UIC email often during this process, as additional information will be sent to you.
- Set up your ID and Portal Access to ensure success in your first semester.
- Accept your offer by submitting your intent to enroll.
- Take your placement exams. Education students are required to take placement exams for English and Math. Note: Students who have completed equivalent transfer courses or AP tests may be exempt.
- Complete your online orientation modules through the portal.
- Sign-up for a UIC on-campus orientation program through your student portal.
- Connect with your Education academic advisor during your required UIC Orientation to obtain your course recommendations/course schedules and learn more about campus resources.
- Register for courses via the XE Registration system during the in-person orientation. If you have questions about your orientation modules, please visit orientation.uic.edu.
If you are returning to UIC through the readmission process, then you are not required to participate in UIC Orientation.
Please complete the following steps.
- Email the College of Education Office for Student Success at email@example.com to obtain your academic advisor assignment.
- Access the uAchieve Degree Audit through the my.uic.edu student portal.
- Look over the 4-year plan for your major prior to your appointment with your advisor [Link for Human Development Learning] [Link for Urban Education]